Tuesday 5 January 2016

Study Session Information

This will probably be my most favourite types of post and I do hope this will benefit a lot of people out there.

Let me start by explaining exactly how I am presenting my off table work here:

* There will be basically 3 hands per session I look at.

* Each hand will be chosen based on 3 different criteria: A hand where I am defending, A Hand where I am the aggressor and a hand where I am either raising after defending or being raised after betting.

* The hands I pick out of my database must follow these rules: They make it to river, without being All-in Preflop and I shouldn't be able to tell if I played the hand correct or not just by looking at it before doing the work,

* My notes will be posted after the hand with 1 exceptions:
             - To protect the information of the system I used from paid products, I will not be posting how I came to the conclusion of how or why I am using so much combos. However at the side of the Blog there will be a link to the site of the system I used (Red Chip Poker) and all you have to do is go over to the store and find Ed Miller's "Poker's 1%" book so you can purchase and be able to better understand what I am doing. Another Alternative is to purchase a Pro Membership at Red Chip Poker and find Doug Hall's Range Construction series.

*All notes posted will have Bold text and regular text. The Bold text would be for titles, etc. & for what I actually did in my studies. The normal text would be information to the heads & the guidelines I used for each range.

*The one thing I can tell you is that my defending strategy consist of me using break-even percentages and I would like to have a raise percentage of at least 30% on each street.

* I'll conclude about any piece of information or patterns I picked up on, something like a "What I learn today.." conclusion at the end of each study session.

* The last piece of information shown in my study sessions will be a small piece of information letting us know how well we are doing in making decisions at the table when we are defending, when we are the aggressor and when we are either raising or being raised postflop. There will also be a total percentage of all, this way we can keep track of the areas we are performing poorly in and what we are excelling in.


Red Chip Poker

5 comments:

  1. Ok, so I see you want to keep some information to yourself, but which products are you using? I'm wondering how you keep track of all the combos as you move from decision point to decision point.

    Also, the videos don't load, so I can't see what you are talking about, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your a Red Chip Pro so you could easily go over to Doug Hall's Range Construction video series to know how I am coming up with my combos.

      I use Combonator with my studies, this tool is almost identical to Flopzilla in features but the 1 feature that stands out that makes this possible, is the grouping of Combos. With this, i can easily set Calling Ranges, Raising Ranges, etc. with little effort and as i move on to the next street I can just set my range with whatever group I want which makes studying really easy for me.

      I noticed that, I put an External link under the video for now, I checked why it wasn't working its an error on weaktight side, if it isn't fix by tomorrow I'll find another site that allows hand replaying in a fashion like this and post it. For now I just want to avoid posting the Hand History itself here making the post longer than what it is now.

      Thanks for stopping by and showing your support. Appreciate it very much

      Delete
  2. I see. I presently do it by hand and with Equilab and it is too time consuming, so I will look into Combonator. Thanks. I'll put up a link to your blog on my site. GL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, I'll return the favor in my bottom section of my posts in the future. (I have to figure out how to make the picture links smaller for future endorsements)

      Delete
  3. Yeah the giant icons clutter up things a bit. I'd just put everything on the side bar to the right so people can see your affiliations right away but not have them interfere with your individual posts.

    Just as importantly, you need to hyperlink your blog signature underneath your Redchip posts- that will drive a lot of traffic your way.

    ReplyDelete