Sunday 3 January 2016

Introduction

First off, I would like to welcome everyone to my Blog. It's actually the second attempt ever in my life to actually do something like this, following a first attempt that had to stop due to family issues taking me away from a lot of things I was doing.

So anyway, who am I? 

My name is Lorrell Brooks, I've been playing poker about 4 years now, had some great success turning pennies into thousands and had some downfall as well. I'm from a small country in the Caribbean known as the Bahamas. As a poker player I am proud to say that I am one of the very few Bahamians in the poker community with a winning success. My biggest dream though, is to eventually become the figure and face of poker in my country for everything it is worth. I like to keep a form of mystery around my personality simply because I love to build excitement about figuring out who I am as a person. Later on, as the blog continues, you will get hints of my personal traits and hobbies through different post and I will be happy to answer personal questions.

So what will this blog be about?

Well this year in 2016, I want to focus on the mathematical aspect of my game. Since my return in September, I have been playing HUSNGs and while i had success from once again turning a very small investment into something not far from meaningful, I will be aiming to move up and play for a much bigger profit. The purpose of this Blog is to share my experience, motivate anybody who may want to try my experience and most importantly, to learn from it, whether it's from me to you or from you to me. I will be posting daily results and even include my study plan. Not everyday I will be able to play, neither will be able to post, but whenever I do play and study, there will be a post on that. 

My main site for my games is 888poker. I have been thinking about making changes a few times to accommodate for a better loyalty reward but of course it's not that simple. If i do decide to change, of course I will let everyone know, as for right now, this is where I am playing and until a better deal comes up I will not be moving.

Poker Goals: 

Since my return I have been playing to see how well I still perform. So during September - December, I have been experimenting with hours and tables to catch an idea of how well I perform to gauge where I am at in my game. 

Here is the results via Poker Pro Labs 

https://gyazo.com/e0281d0f95cf0f0ba0c67ef25b05e239

So for the record, I started this with only investing $20, and I never played the $20 games and up. 

So now, that I have an idea of how I am performing, I want to cut back on tables and games and focus more on the quality of play. It's good to know that I can produce a ROI of 4.45% when I focus on volume, however, i do expect that number to drop once I enter the mid-stake field and even lower when i enter the high stake field. So in preparation of this, my goal for 2016 is to:

* Play about 300 - 600 games per month
* Obtain and maintain a ROI of 8% minimum, 10% preferably. 
* Do an in-depth mathematical analysis of 300 hands per month
* Have a correctly played percentage of 75%+ from my studies

So the question is can i do it? 





No comments:

Post a Comment