Friday 15 January 2016

Study Session #8

Information regarding Study Session: Study Session Information

So I must admit there was a lot to learn in my study session. I had to make some few adjustments here and there but its apart of the process. Let's get into it.

Hand #1: A6o - Defend

(External Link: A6o)

Comment: Here is a classic spot where putting my ranges real-time is probably extremely hard + I never really worked out a situation like this where the board is double paired. Only thing i knew is I'm never folding. I think I could of guessed that A-high is probably going to be a value bet, however I think I was more scared of being wrong than being right at the time, especially holding a weaker Ax.



-----------------

Hands #2: A3o - Aggressor/Raised

(External Link: A3o)

Comment: The 3, 4, 5 situation causes things to change a bit. I decided to start thinking about which BD- Straight draws I want to use so I don't confuse myself during real time, and I decided to focus on BD-Straights revolving around Tx. Now unlike the other board, I still needed a few more bluffs, and its hard to decide which I will be using on a board to board basis, but logically I think using BD-straights revolving 5x that blocks straights to Tx (Eg. J6) is a way to think about it, but In this case I want to utilize my Ax hands since they have better equity with BDs to the wheel.

When raised, I think it's important to realize that I shouldn't always be raising with a ton of my Tx here. I already naturally raise majority of them because of the dynamics of the game, which have to change. With the adjustment of my bluffing range, my raising range here is much better than before. Here I will take the top tier side of the BD-Straight draws revolving around Tx that has heart blockers and raise here. I struggle with the different sizing but one thing I do know, when the min-raise hits, my borderline hands become some A-high. Just have to work on my game with other raise sizing.

The last thing I noticed is my range on the river looks so much better now. I have good hands to value bet, good hands to call a bet with, and my bluffing range here is probably the best it ever been. Bluffing miss draws and my Top tier A-high.



-----------------------------------

Hand #3: 88 - Aggressor

(External Link: 88)

Comment: I noticed that I have been betting too much BD-Straight draws in my real time game and it's hard to tell what BD-Straight draws I should be bluffing. So I decided to only bet Top Tier BD-Straightdraws on FD - no paired flop texture. Also I have been thinking about my value range when a 3, 4 or 5 comes up, usually the adjustment would to bet the overcards, but here where there are no overcards just undercards, I think I rather settle for having less value combos, which could be an edge for villains if they ever realizes it but I doubt 99% of them will ever realize it.

On the Turn, this is a spot where I am naturally getting more thin value bets in, this is something I upgraded since naturally to "correctly" call they would have to call much wider. However, when the board pairs, this is where I have more trouble defining my bluffs and continuing range because it's much harder to connect and usually this means we have to venture down the "high card" rank, which I have the greatest problems defining these in my ranges. So what I decided to do is use the middle tier BD-Straight draw range from the flop to help balance this spot.

The River shocked me the most, I Didn't realize how thin I should be value betting here. Thinking about in an exploitative mindset, I guess it makes sense, since Tx and Ax should be betting the turn. Thinking about the "correct" calling range, he should have a ton of combos here as well. I'll admit from an exploitative point of view this may be a bit too thin, but if I am going to get better I probably need to take these spots.



-----------------------------------------


Conclusion: I want to make sure I am not bluffing too much because I changed the sizing of my bets to a larger size which started to made a big difference in my results lately and I want to make sure my ranges are getting better and better.

---------------------------------------

Today's Result (Total Percentage):

Defend: Mistake (28.57%)
Aggressor: Mistake (22.22%)
Raised: Correct (37.50%)

Total Percentage (Total Hands): 29.17% (24)

--------------------------------------

Want to improve your game as well? Start here at Red Chip Poker



No comments:

Post a Comment