Wednesday 13 January 2016

Session #7

Today was quite a day. The variance was probably was much more cruel than yesterday. I've put in so much to try play well and although I did, the result part of the game just took a toll on me. It's hard to not be "result oriented" but I did my very best. I think there were more than a few spots where tilt got the best of me, I won't lie about them but I always managed to get myself back into the right direction which is really important for me.

Now onto the results.

Today's Result:


Overall despite going through my little tilt, I still played really well as supported by my chip graph. I am proud that I am picking spots much more better from a mathematically point of view because it is really starting to show in my results, which could be a big improvement from my exploitative style. However, in the result world, although I am up for the day, you could clearly see, I struggled to keep up with my EV. I really despised sucking out and I knew I had a problem when I entered a match where for this 1 match, I literally did not lose a single showdown hand and still tilted because I didn't want to see suckouts. It didn't matter how I got it in and I did got it in bad more than enough, I literally did not lose a single showdown hand. It was ridiculous, and being already tilted as I was I still resented it, I think I even wanted to give the guy back his buy-in but talked to myself out of it by telling myself I deserve to at least run like God once with how bad I've been running today. Overall, I still managed to keep it together.

For anybody who may wonder, when I tilt, I don't make much more calling mistakes, etc. I just don't have that "thinking" cap on fully where I am more automated towards my default strategy. So it's easy and hard for me to go through the motion without devastating my winrate & bankroll by far but I just prefer to have my thinking cap at all times so I don't overlook details I shouldn't.

Overall Results:

 


I'm starting to really love my chip graph. That red line probably has been more stable than it ever did and before it wasn't that bad either since it usually would decline at a really really slow pace. So just the fact that I am generating enough folds to be break-even I feel like I am doing something right and I look forward to seeing that I continue to do so. However, my results are still stuck around that 4% ROI and while it isn't bad, I really want to be able to increase it so I can feel much prepared for playing higher levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment