Tuesday 12 January 2016

Session #6

So today began with me trying to really put in some volume to make up for the lack of days not playing and the lack of volume overall. I prepared for a long session and while I did just that, it happen to be a very painful one in terms of variance. HUSNG are always very high variance so it shouldn't be no shock how bad things can really get but experiencing it as it happens, the pain never gets old. Anyway on to results.


 Today's Result:


At first I was just getting pounded by variance. Second nuts vs nuts, best hand getting sucked out on and even hands I sucked out on was getting re-sucked out. The first half of the session I was literally half miserable and grumpy, and half psychotic Dr. Phil like just talking myself from not raging. I managed to pulled through. It was really one of those days where nothing was destined to go right for me. I hit a low of being down 10 Buy-ins. I know you cash game players probably wouldn't want to see that kind of variance in one day right? However, I prevailed the mental challenge of keeping it together and the other half started to reward me. Not entirely, but good enough that I could bare it. I manage to start climbing back up. I think despite the loss today it's really important to know that even if variance don't want to swing my way I can still fight the good fight. My chips would indicate though I had more wins than losses but of course, because of rake, I still showed a loss. Which is probably why I should really consider playing somewhere where I can get a better rakeback deal than 888poker (I'll save this rant for another day).


Overall Results:





Funny thing is I'm back at that 4% ROI and I remember yesterday making a joke about doing all this work just to probably improve a slight bit better than 4%. I think I need to watch what I say. Overall, I like the direction of my game so far, there are definitely spots I'm not accustom to yet, so I still have alot to learn. Hopefully we can keep improving and keep improving. 


Just to put it out there, you can follow my results at Poker Pro Labs. You are allowed to make a free account with about 5 or 10 free searches daily. 






No comments:

Post a Comment