Sunday 7 February 2016

The Update about No Update?


So this week was a bit more trial and error, as I was researching and moving about, trying to conquer all the good things poker can offer outside the tables. Well what I discovered is things don't always go as smoothly. I encountered problem after problem, and it even had me re-evaluating alot of things.

First off, since the discovery of the rake issue, I came across a better understanding about online poker. For one, there aren't much site that is cheaper than 888 to play on except for Full Tilt and Pokerstars. This was also news to me since I am now paying more attention to these things after seeing just how it affects my winrate, so it makes sense why in general alot of people are attracted to the big market like Pokerstars and the reason Full Tilt is cheap is because its own by the same people that own Pokerstars (According to the online articles).

So what does this exactly did for me was first, it made me consider playing on Full Tilt or Pokerstars but there are some personal issues outside of the logical reasons that kept me away. Do note, these personal issues contributes to my comfort playing on these 2 sites.

The biggest reason Competition: Now this here had me stumbling over rocks and climbing mountains trying to think about if I want to be playing on sites where the competition is greatly that much better. In my previous post "Beware of the rake", I mentioned about just studying and becoming better than my competition, well there is a fine line there that I really didn't get much into because I wanted it to be a simple message. The fine line for me is that fish/reg/really good reg ratio. How often will i run into fishes on these sites? How often will I run into the regs that I can beat? How often do I run into the regs that are just ridiculously tough?

Variance: This tops my personal issue by far because it may be just me or not, but I been playing poker for a few years and for sure Pokerstars and Full Tilt aren't rigged, but I experienced some of the greatest EV differential on these 2 sites. What I mean is, in the past, when I run bad, I mean it's the worse run bad I could imagine. On the flip side of things, when I ran good, it was almost like I could blindly close my and shove any 2 and get a good. I've had monster upswings before with EV being really low and I had monster downswings with EV being high. Not saying it's not possible anywhere else, but I never had such swings like mentioned anywhere else except at Pokerstars and Full Tilt. It crushes my confidence on bad days and then give me that sense of false hope on others. Its really a roller coaster of emotions for me, and while all in all, it all balances out, It's not comfortable for me and playing else where avoiding these big roller coaster results helps alot.

 My Goal: My Goal still remain the same to obtain a 8% ROI at HUSNGs but if I go to these sites, I may have to reconsider what is the best thing to do because there are just tons of regs that I have to compete with where having a winrate is obviously good, but 8% on there might be looking at some deeper study and methods than before. The most important thing here besides reconsidering is doubting myself, I don't want to have enter a field to doubt if my goal is reasonable and lose that confidence.

Besides my personal issues, the logical choice would seem by far to play on Pokerstars and Full Tilt.

I'll be honest though, at first I was thinking about staying on Full Tilt, I played a bit, didn't run too good but I had a bigger issue. PT4 wasn't importing properly, I lacked informtion and lack my results. The support team and I went back and forward trying to fix it, but it seems to be something wrong with my system or something that isn't an easy fix. All in all, I still left Full Tilt because of my personal issues and I don't want to play no where, where I can't have keep records, how am I suppose to accomplish my goals without the basic of necessity?

With help from Pokerstrategy, I ended up joining 24h Bet on the Microgaming Network.

Can't escape the rake issues but at least I'll be getting better rakeback and faster withdrawals but lose having to deal with traffic.

There is one problem that still haunts me though.

My PT4.......

Well it works almost fine except, it incorrectly imports the wrong details of the tournament, which means my results are not showing the way it suppose to be showing. Well the support team and I will probably become good friends with all these problems I keep encountering, it's rather very exhausting and if I can't really solve it, I might just go back to 888poker and just be grateful that at least here my only problem is their loyalty program, which I hope I don't have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment